Alan Peabody BSc C Eng MIET
Alan is a Programme manager with considerable experience in critical IT programmes. With over thirty five years IT and communications experience he has been a senior project and programme manager for twenty five years. Alan has normally held responsibility for the technical, financial, quality and timescale issues of his programmes as well as contract negotiations.
An increasing proportion of Alan’s work now involves dispute resolution and litigation. He has been instructed in a number of major IT litigation, arbitration and mediation matters providing programme management and technical expertise across a number of government and business sectors involving IT systems development and delivery. Alan has worked both as a consultant to the parties and as an independent expert witness. Instructions include:
- Party expert in BSkyB vs EDS, a £709 million pound dispute, providing strategic technical and programme management consultancy to the legal team throughout the five year life of the case and the ten month trial. He also designed and managed the electronic disclosure process, handling several million documents. Alan was integrated into the legal team and did not act as an independent expert in this matter.
- Provided independent expert analysis for mandatory arbitration over patient management system implementation: CSC – NHS (Lorenzo)
- Gave evidence in the London Court of International Arbitration in a smart card technology dispute
- Instructed by LogicaCMG and presented at a mediation with Transport for London
- Expert instructed in $600M ICSID arbitration IP dispute between The Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Customs and Excise department and a systems supplier.
- Analysis of Electronic Voting System anomalies for IAAF.
- Programme Delay Analysis for Raytheon Systems
- Other expert instructions include: EDS – Airtours; Tubelines - London Underground; CSC – NHS; Saudi Hollandi Bank – Thomson Reuters; HP Enterprise Systems – IBM; LogicaCMG - T Mobile; EDS - Inland Revenue.
- Non-contentious clients for programme management consultancy services in the last fifteen years include Fujitsu, Vodafone, Mitsubishi Electric , Paradigm Systems, Johnson & Johnson, Platform 7 (NatWest Bank), Barclays Technology Services, Habib Bank and, Storm L3 Communications.
“Alan and I have worked together on some major IT cases. He possesses tremendous expertise, technical abilities and knowledge on a wide range of IT topics. This together with his common sense and communication skills allied with his work ethic makes him an invaluable member of the team.” Alan Gourgey QC
“Alan has an excellent knowledge of IT projects and an ability to communicate complex technical issues in a way that can be easily understood. He is also a good team player who always takes a calm and measured approach in even the most demanding situations.” Lee Gluyas, Partner, DLA Piper
“We wish to record our appreciation of the excellent professional services provided by Mr Alan Peabody in his capacity as an independent expert witness in a matter related, inter alia, to alleged infringement of intellectual property. Mr Peabody’s expert opinion played a key role in the withdrawal of a USD 650 million claim.” Farrukh K. Qureshi, Barrister - Samdani Qureshi, Islamabad
Alan is an X-Net Chambers Associate who has worked through and alongside us on a number of legal matters.